Saturday 11 July 2009

The Day When My Family Members Leave To Venture

About three weeks ago, my younger sister, Atiqah left home to further her studies. Next weekend, the 18th of July, it will be my turn to leave home for the same reason. But this time, it's not Shah Alam, nor is it Permatang Pauh, but far away in Melbourne, Australia where I'll be spending the next two years pursuing my degree studies.

For the last few weeks, I've been bloody busy getting my stuffs together, packing my clothes and necessary items, finalising my application, applying for a student visa, performing a medical checkup, booking a flight ticket, surveying Melbourne and its suburbans, and browsing for accommodation (one the Education Office has yet to settle).

Eventhough these few weeks were busy and stressful for me, I had to be cautious of my health. This is because I'm still on the verge of recovering from gout. The last thing I want to do, is to board my flight holding a walking stick, as how I did during my early stages of gout.

I still have two months of medication before I am due for another blood test to analyse the uric acid level in my blood. My local GP, Dr. Nasir has given me a 2-month supply of medication, plus emergency medications should I encounter acute arthritis.

Since this weekend will be the last for me and my family, I plan to spend it by taking my other younger sisters, Amanina and Sakinah for a stroll. Being the only male child in the family, and the eldest, it is not usual for me to perform so, as it was Atiqah who usually brought them for outings.

But then, since they won't have outings for quite sometime, I thought I'll just do it anyway. Besides, what've I got to bear? Besides sneering at credit card promoters at shopping malls who taught that I was a daddy bringing along his two 'daughters' for walkies. That's why I never go out much with my sisters. Besides, I don't usually go for outings unless necessary.

Hey, I lead but a simple life. I wake up every morning smiling; no debts to settle, no girlfriends that need pampering and feeding at posh restaurants, no fashions and trends to keep up with. The best entertainment for me, is to take my key and drive around kampungs, take a stroll on the wide paddy fields or by the seaside (when in Penang), or just to blog on the internet.

No comments: