Friday 20 February 2009

Rally @ U.M.

Today is Friday. As always, during lunch break I would walk to the Taman Jaya station 10 minutes away and take the LRT to Universiti Malaya for Friday prayers at Masjid Ar-Rahman.

Earlier, Gayathri said she will lend her car to me so that I can go to the masjid at Section 14, and be back in time for Kumaresan and Nadhir's birthday surprise which was to take place at Secret Recipe (which I missed), just across the road.

However, since she had other matters to attend to, I had no choice but go to U.M.. After prayers, as I was changing into my pants, I heard a chant of TAKBEER outside in the courtyard. I went out to see what it was.

It turned out that the students were holding a rally, stating that they have sent a memorandum to the Agong requesting him to act as the middle-man in the Perak case, and at the same time, chanting "Kuasa Rakyat", and promoting tonight's forum which will state the current Perak issue.

It was very exciting for me, as I've never experienced such an event back in UiTM. If there were any, it would be the infamous rally of August 2008, which I had to admit, internally exposed the 'stupidity' of some of its students.

I could not stay long, as I had to be back in PJ by 2.30; a 20-minute journey away.





No comments: