Thursday 20 August 2009

Maribyrnong --> Altona

Alhamdulillah, last Sunday I finally left the Student Village for good. Packing my stuff took about two days. Looks bizarre; I came to the Village with two luggage. Now I'm leaving with stacks of boxes and cases.

My new home is in Altona, southwest of the CBD, and about 15-20 minutes away from Footscray by train. The house that I'm renting with my two Chinese chums is a one-floor unit, isolated from the main road. So, it's peaceful and quiet...good for studying. There is also a patch of land surrounding the house.

Maybe I can take up gardening every now and then. It's been quite sometime since I did some gardening.

It is also 2 minutes from Westona Station. Not to mention, the beach is just 10 walking minutes away. I must say, the beach is very beautiful. The closest mosque is the Bilal bin Rabah Mosque, situated next to Newport Station, three stops away. Now I don't have to travel all the way to Victoria University for Jumaat prayers, and Tarawikh prayers.

Since it is close to the coastline, the weather tends to be very cold at night. I only hope that I won't have any troubles whilst residing in this neighbourhood.

I and my fellow housemates took a couple of days to spring-clean the house. The previous tenants was not very hygiene-conscious, so they left the house in a very, very horrible state. The rooms, kitchen, hallway, courtyard...na'uzubillah. Not to mention the toilet!!!

Anyhow, it's clean now...and hope it stays that way 'til we move out.





































































No comments: