Wednesday 31 December 2008

Reading the Holy Quran

I had to admit that in the past, I recited the Quran on occasions. However, as I grew up, I started reading the Quran more frequently, from once a week, to once every few days, and finally to at least once a day.

And upon completion of reciting, I felt lightheaded, calm, and on occasions, came up with a solution for whatever glitches that I was facing.

Eversince a couple of weeks ago, I was frequently away from home, with the first week within mastautin range, and the following week being a musafir (traveller) in another region.

During the first week, I returned home quite late, and the only thing on my mind was "up, up, and away!!!" (flop on the bed).

When I travelled to another region, I left my copy of the kitab at home, thus not reciting the Quran.

A few days ago, I noticed a change in my personality; I became less calm, nervous, lost, and can not control my senses. Why, this afternoon in Perai, I openly cursed a driver for being pigheaded (between you and me, looking at the chap himself, a concious person would have agreed that he's not worth being tolerated).

Seriously, as I am a chap that travels frequently, be it for leisure or official purposes, I need to get myself a small Quran that is suitable for mobility purposes.

It is true, that when a man recites the Quran, he is at peace...

No comments: