Friday 26 September 2008

Funny as it seems to be...

One day you have just begun fasting, lo and behold! You're a few days from the end of the fasting month of Ramadhan. The first 20 days seem to go swiftly. Come the 21st day, things look much slower than the previous 20 days.

Whether you realise or not, it seems to feel like it; slow and easy. For most people, at such times like this, it ain't anythin' favourable, as they are nearing the day of Eid Festival.

"So near, yet we're so far apart..." (Nat King Cole).

I suppose that's how they are feeling.

Anyhow, the phenomenon has made me realise something. Upon the eve of Ramadhan, I felt so excited, as this was my first Ramadhan away from home (excluding the fact that I've spent Ramadhan in Shah Alam, 20 minutes away from home), and that I wanted it to be a memorable one.

But then, things almost never came out as initally planned and hoped, for I headed home everyday at around 7pm (excluding Mondays and weekends), arriving a good 10 to 20 minutes before iftar. Feeling tired, I ended up on those days, performing Tarawikh at home (whenever I could), instead of going to the mosque.

However, come the 21st and so on, things seem to be going smooth. Despite the time constraint, I had time to do almost anything within a short time, furthermore, perfoming Tarawikh at the mosque without tiredness conquering my system.

Verily, Allah has His own ways of showing His powers to mankind. The last few days of Ramadhan, I really hope to make the most out of it.

No comments: